Thursday, September 27, 2012

Everyone Needs Still Waters and Green Meadows...

My week is OVER FULL!   And that is an understatement!  Besides the typical duties in the week of a pastor, I am officiating a wedding on Saturday night with a rehearsal on Friday night and rehearsal dinner after and we are gearing up for our Pork Roast on Sunday.  In addition to all of that, I had my own grass to mow and had promised a friend I would mow his because he really shouldn't be doing so.

I am sure that I am not alone in this reality!  Most of us find that life is FULL!

One of the temptations we face when life gets FULL is to run head first into it!  But that doesn't help us deal with the stresses that come when life is FULL.  

Everyone NEEDS still waters and green meadows...

Long ago, the psalmist wrote about this need...

"The Lord is my shepherd;
I have all that I need.
     He lets me rest in green meadows;
he leads me beside peaceful streams.
       He renews my strength.

Before running into this very FULL day... I took some time to sit out on my porch with a cup of coffee and my bible to enjoy the cool fall morning.  It was a great stress releiver and focus time.  In addition to cool mornings on my porch, I find that time spent in a tree is helpful too.

Earlier in the week, I knew it would be a full week and I needed to get away to spend some time praying in earnest for a friend who was really struggling with life, so, I decided to knock off a bit early and head to the woods...what a refreshing time.

Where is your still waters and green meadow?

Here is a flock of turkeys I saw... one of three flocks.... total of 34.
 


No comments: