Saturday, September 15, 2012

Delighted to Serve

The other night, I got a facebook message from the wife of WiHi Football Coach, Pat Mcglinchy asking if they could use our Ministry Center for a football team breakfast.   Ofcourse I wanted to say yes, but I had one question first... "Do you need access to a kitchen?"   

Because you see if they did, we wouldn't be able to host them as we don't have a kitchen.  But since they didn't need a kitchen, I was able to say yes, provided I was willing to be there (our policy is that someone from the church needs to be present or part of the group).  I was more than willing, so this morning at 7:30 a.m. I opened the doors to an already set up facility (Sharon and I had done that the other day) and welcomed about 37 players and their coaches and a few parents.

They were the most appreciative and polite of any football team I have been around!  Quite impressed!

As they left, each player shook my hand and thanked me for the use of the facility and I was able to give them a personal invite card to our Pork Roast on September 30.  

Not only were they polite and appreciative, they also were eager to help clean up and put things away.  The place was returned to the way we need it for tomorrow in record time!  Good luck this afternoon guys and thanks for being our guests!

 
Update on the game... Wi Hi won 70 to 0!   

No comments: