Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Blessing Others Opens Their Eyes and Hearts to God!

I've been on a blessing others kick!  I believe that we are blessed by God to bless others and that our actively blessing others will impact lives for the kingdom of God.

True story... A couple of weeks ago, the Ministry Center neighbor was in the hospital.  She was very sick and is having a hard time bouncing back.  Thankfully now she is doing much better.  I noticed that her grass had not been mowed for two weeks.  So, I decided to mow it.  The first mowing had to cover the yard twice and bagged about 32 bags.  And I ran out of daylight the first night, so I had to go back the next evening to complete the job.  When I did, Lee came out and thanked me for mowing the grass and asked about our service times at the Ministry Center.  He told me he would be there that Sunday... and sure enough he was.  I have mowed the grass 3 more times since then.  The next time I mowed, Lee came out and told me that "surely the Lord is smiling on you."  And yesterday he came out and said, "Pastor Martin, you are going to make a churchgoer out of me yet."  To which I told him, "we'd love to have you whenever you can join us!"

You never know what impact a simple act of blessing will have on someone... so BLESS ON!

No comments: