Wednesday, July 14, 2010

One of the Roles of Parents

For a year and a half now, I have had a sign plastered in my office, in many locations, reminding me that it is time to "let go"!    One of the roles parents play in their children's lives is to prepare them for life on their own.  Sharon and I have been working at that for all these years and now we are on the crest of seeing just how well we have done in that preparation.  I beleive the verdict will be great!

Yeasterday, Caroline and I left home to come to Bridgewater so that she could experience driving 5 hours all at one time - previously she had not driven more than an hour and a half at a time.  The other purpose of our trip was to get her experience driving on the beltway and in very heavy traffic and to let her begin to learn her way here.  She passed that test with flying colors!  Great Job!

Today we get to meet her room mate and look at her room on campus (at noon).  So, that by the end of August she will be fully ready to tackle this next part of her journey. 

It is so exciting to see her begin to test her wings!  I am confident that she will soar and am excited to see her do so!

No comments: