Friday, October 17, 2008

What's up with this....?



I went away for a two day trip to get some much needed R and R... and I come home BUSHED! While it was fun being in the middle of acres of marsh land, with no cell signal and bugling sika deer, I am exhausted. We got up on Wednesday at 2 a.m. to head up... sat in the stand ALL day with no lunch on Wednesday... saw my first and only deer at 11:45 a.m. and then again at 2:20 p.m. Only saw it for a second each time. Was bowhunting and had no opportunity that day. Got back to Cambridge at 8:30 p.m. for supper, then showered and into bed by 10. Then up on Thursday at 3:45 a.m. and off again. Only saw one deer on Thursday when walking in to the stand from the argo. My good friend, Wil, took the stag of a lifetime on Thursday... they estimate him to be 15-17 years old. It was an exhausting and expensive two days... but over all it was fun. Now I am tired and itchy... LOTS of mosquitoes. In fact as dusk comes each day, the drone of mosquitoes is deafening!


The pics are Wil's stag and the area I hunted last night.

2 comments:

cathy b. said...

Looks like an unusual location for a day off.

Martin Hutchison said...

Not when it's deer season and sika deer are your favorite game!