Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Soon....

Soon I will blog about something more significant than a health update on me.

But for today... let me say that I went to the docs for the third time in this journey and that doesn't include the one ER trip.  She agreed with my ER Physicians Assistant friend who disgnosed this as Ramsay-Hunt Syndrome.  She called the Nuerologist to see about an appointment before April 25 and got me on the cancelation call list... in addition she spoke with the Nuero, and he suggested another round of steriods might ease the pain.  We are staying with the Nueronton 600 mg taken 3 times a day and the Oxycodone in 5 mg increments till the pain is managed every 4-8 hours depending on pain.  And we added prednisone again.  So, only time will tell.

My eye has been bothering me terribly.  Since it doesn't close or blink, it doesn't get lubricated.  And even though I was putting drops in regularly and wearing a patch often... it hasn't made much of a difference.  So, I found a gel that has been wonderful!  A friend suggested I try a gel and it has eased the pain and seems to be keeping the eye moist!

Thankful for the small things!

1 comment:

cathy b. said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your pain, but am glad to hear you have a diagnosis. I am praying that you will experience God's grace.