Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Marvelling...

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand— when I awake, I am still with you." Psalm 139:13-18


The Psalmist shares his faith in God in the above verses. And the pretty much sum up how I am feeling right now... Think about how wonderfully made your body is and think about all the functions it does that you and I take for granted.


I praise God for the wonder of his creation. My Bells Palsy is making myeye not function properly. It doesn't close nor does it blink... and as hard as I try to get it to do so, it is nearly impossible. I can close it by using my finger, but not by willing it to do so. Well, that results in a dry eye. And means I must add drops to lubricate it. But the drops don't work as well as natural tears.

Now think about how God created us to have an eye lid that periodically blinks so that it lubricates our eyes using tears that our eye produces.  And add to that the fact that when our eye blinks, it happens so fast that we hardly notice and it doesn't affect our ability to see.   That is a reality that I hardly take notice of until a time such as this when my facial muscles are paralyzed and don't work and that paralysis has interrupted God's design.

Makes me marvel at how "wonderfully made" we are!  Praise God for the wonder of his works!

No comments: