Monday, July 1, 2013

Touched Deeply....

About 15 minutes before Sharon and I left the house yesterday to travel to worship at Community of Joy, the heavens opened and the floods began to fall.  I mean torrents of water.  On the way, I told Sharon, this will keep our numbers low today.  Lots of people will stay home because of the rain.   And sure enough I was right!   Our numbers were significantly lower than they had been in recent weeks.

As I was chatting in the lobby, with some who had braved the rain, I caught a glimpse of a person pushing a manual wheel chair by the window.   And in order to get to our front door, they had to go a good distance to get to the ramp that would lead them up to our door.  By the time they got in our building, they were SOAKED.   A third person joined them.   And between them, they had two umbrellas, but they did little good with this kind of rain.

One of our folks knew where there were some towels in our Ministry Center and she took off to get them.  Gave them to the three, so they could dry off.  I turned the air a little warmer because I didn't want them to get chilled.  At the end of the worship gathering, they all said to me how delighted they were that they had come this morning!  And I was touched deeply... humbled!

They had a great excuse and could have stayed home.  But they didn't!  How many others had no excuse and stayed home?     All who did, truly missed out on the blessing of joining others in worship of our Great God!

No comments: