Thursday, January 3, 2013

Who are you?

I have been having an interesting conversation with a friend about what defines who we are.  

My friend was saying that his life is a pyramid and the base of that pyramid on which everything is built, including his relationship with Christ, is his work or career.  Interesting perspective, but not what I think.

I think if our life is a pyramid, then our relationship with Christ is the base of the pyramid and everything else is built on that relationship with Christ, including your career, your other relationships, your interests and hobbies.

It is really a question of what defines who you are?  Is it your work or is it your relationship with Christ?   For me, seeking first the kingdom of God means that my relationship with Christ is the base and is what defines who I am.  Everything else is part of that relationship.   And it it can't be part of that relationship, then I need to cut it out of my life.

What do you think?  Who are you?   What defines who you are?

No comments: