Thursday, September 8, 2011

Keeping Company....

I am about to embark on a journey... not sure it is what I was hoping it would be... but time will tell.  It is a 2 year journey of conversations on Leadership through a grant at Bethany Seminary called Advance Foundations of Church Leadership.  I will share this journey with several other pastors.

As part of the first gathering in September, we are to read two books (just got them last week) and yesterday I found out we also have to write a 15-20 page paper in the next 17 days!

Anyways... in one of the books, "Spiritual Disciplines Handbook: Practices that Transform Us." by Adele Calhoun, she talks about Spiritual diciplines helping us to "keep company with Jesus".  I really like that image.

What if all of us who call ourselves Christian spent our days "keeping company with Jesus"?  Not only our lives but our world would be transformed!

No comments: