Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Soon Will Be 6 Months....

It will soon be 6 months since I came down with Ramsay Hunt Syndrome.  While the pain of the shingles is gone now, the effects of the Bells Palsy continue to bother me.  As you can see from the picture, my right eye is still not functioning 100%... though I am not using drops near as much as I have.  A bottle lasts more than a week now instead of a few days.  And my mouth is still not released fully so that I still can't whistle or form words accurately.  It has been an interesting journey for sure.  Grateful that some day in the near future even these effects will be a distant memory.   It is amazing how much we take for granted even the simple acts such as blinking or squinting or puckering our lips for a kiss or to whistle a tune or spit.

No comments: