Tuesday, March 2, 2010

What To Do with Numbers?

My Life Transformation Group has been reading in Numbers for the past couple weeks in our Daily Bible Reading. I admit it is hard reading. As my one friend says, "not much of it makes sense!"

Yesterday, the reading was about the various sacrifices that the people of Israel had to make for various reasons. It was 2 chapters of this detailed information. As I was reading it, my first thought was why do I need to know this? But then I had another thought!

I asked myself... "what is the purpose of these sacrifices?" And it seems to me that the answer is that they are part of keeping a closer connection between the people and God!

As we live our lives, it is real easy to allow distance to grow between us and the Lord. It is easy to get involved in life and "forget" God until we need him. These sacrifices constantly reminded the people of their need for God and were a way to keep them connected.

I am glad we have found other ways to do that!

It is important for us to keep a connection with God as we live our lives! And it is just as easy now as it was then to allow distance form and busyness to distance us.

There are lots of options for spiritual disciplines that will help us keep connected to the Lord. Our new small group will explore a number of the possibilities. For further exploration, google "spiritual disciplines" and explore a couple that will help you keep connected to the source of all that is - The Lord!

No comments: