Monday, March 22, 2010

Linchpin...

Last night as I stayed at the homeless shelter overnight, I started reading "Linchpin" by Seth Godin. It is a very interesting read!

I've been feeling for a long time and very urgently in the past months that it is time for a shift in the way we do church... the way I pastor.... the way we engage our community and world so that God's Kingdom will come on earth as it is in heaven!

Here's a quote from Seth that I resonate with..."It's time to stop complying with the system and draw your own map. Stop settling for what's good enough and start creating art that matters. Stop asking what's in it for you and start giving gifts that change people. Then and only then, will you have achieved your potential."

If we are living to our potential, then our community and world become transformed by the love of God! Really transformed... not just words, but actions... LIFE!

No comments: