Thursday, November 1, 2007

I'm Back...





I had a area one pastors gathering Monday night at my parent's home...so, while I was already there, I decided to take two days to deer hunt. WOW! What nice days and how refreshing to sit most of two days in silence in a tree stand in the woods, watching the woods come to life in the a.m. and go to sleep in the p.m. Didn't get a deer, but saw 15 Tuesday night and 4 Wednesday. Had 3 right under me... could have spit on them, they were that close!


Watched these 9 deer out in the field on Tuesday for nearly 2 hours... one of them was a funky buck... see the pics... he is several years old, probably 3.5 or 4.5 but sometime in his life, he must have gotten hit by a car, because he had a definite limp when he walked... running was a different story -- couldn't tell a thing was wrong. He had some big antlers but weird shaped... see the enlarged pic. He was chasing a doe who was in heat and spent the better part of two hours keeping her in the field and from going into the woods. They ran over my way, but never got close enough.
However, today right when I was to go into the office to get to work, I received a phone call from DiAnna See saying a lady in front of her on their way to work had hit a deer and it was still alive. So, off I went to put it out of it's misery... when I got there it was already dead... and what a huge buck it was... after doing surgery on the lady's car so she could drive it and surgery on the buck so, I could load it, I brought it home to butcher for a needy family! What a lot of meat it will provide them! The lady was very tearful, it was her second deer accident this year! She was so badly shaken, she was not going to go to work... and when she thanked me, she gave me a hug! DiAnna got a hug too! She was the lady's angel! What a week!

No comments: