Saturday, November 17, 2007

A good day with lots of memories...







Today, Frank, Tri and I met at the Ministry Center to plant a Christmas tree that was given to the church. It is a BEAUTIFUL Concolor Fir! Thanks to Walt for making the arrangements and getting the tree.

I grew up on a farm and in particular have planted LOTS of Christmas trees. My father no longer balls them, but he and my sister still operate a cut-your-own tree farm near Cordova called Hutchison's Christmas Forest. My girls will be working there next Saturday and the Saturdays in December prior to Christmas! They love it.

This tree will be our Christmas Tree at the Ministry Center for years to come... we will host a Tree Lighting and Carol Singing on Dec. 2 @ 5:30 for the caroling in the neighborhood and 6:45 for the Tree Lighting and refreshments. This may become an annual event.

The other thing we did today was begin clearing the brush... and cutting trees... wow does it look better!!!! The other place I had many memories today was riding in the bucket of the backhoe and being lifted up high to cut down high limbs from trees. Used to do that a lot on the farm.

No comments: