Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Learning...

It's always nice to get away...

Since we live 4 hours from Sharon's family and have most weekends tied up, we don't see the family as often as we'd like... so, we always take a couple extra days to spend there around Thanksgiving. This year we left of Wednesday and got home here in Salisbury on last night. I don't like taking those days as vacation, so, I take things along to work on while I am there. This year, I found it to be a extremely productive thing for me. I got some good planning into the 2009 sermon year!

Something, I've known but forgot, was how productive it can be sometimes to change locations. I get tired of the same environment of my office and going some place new can be just the ticket for getting the creative juices flowing!

I had some other learnings or insights as well that I will share later... right now, I must prep for this morning's worship gatherings.... and that begins with drinking lots of coffee and praying I don't get sick. Seems that Friday around midnight, 3 of the family that was together on Thanksgiving day (Caroline was one) all got violently sick....whatever it is it must be HIGHLY contagious and it includes a terrible head ache... got one of those right now... but then it could also be from not having caffeine yesterday as I don't drink coffee when I deer hunt and I usually get a headache from not having caffeine.

1 comment:

cathy b. said...

Must be a bug. I stayed home with headache etc. and I was up to date on my coffee. Neighbor had it too. Sorry you had to work.